By listening to the name of friends SSL, you must have understood how important it is for our blog or website. If you use a normal blog, then it is not so important for you. But if you have a website with which you do business, then you must use ssl in your website. So friends, in today's post, we are going to tell you that if you create a blog in WordPress, then how can you use ssl for free.
So friends, before knowing this, we know what ssl is
You open many types of websites in the browser, you must have seen the green color in front of the URL of some website and there will also be Secure in front of it. And http would be replaced with https. So this means that ssl is being used in this website. This website is very safe. No one can hack a website with ssl.
If your website opens in https instead of http, then such website also ranks very quickly in google. google also likes such websites more and shows their results first. So now you must have understood how important ssl is.
But if you talk about some time ago, using ssl was very expensive. But now we get this service from Cloudflare for free. Now we have no need to take expensive ssl. We can use this service of cloudflare for free.
HOW TO SETUP FREE SSL ON CLOUDFLARE
Friends, I do not make my articles too long. I will only talk about the issue. So here I am going to tell in the same way.
1. First go to CloudFlare.com and sign UP
2. Now you have to select your plan. Select the free plan. (You can also get paid plan if you want.)
3. Now go to the Domain Name. And enter your domain. After this you will get the name servers of cloudflare. You have to add these name servers to your domain account. (It may take 24 hours for the name servers to change)
4. Now you will see the Crypto icon. Click on it
5. Now select Flexible SSL
HOW TO USE FREE SSL CERTIFICATE IN WORDPRESS BLOG
Now you have to install 2 plugins in your wordpress blog.
1. Wordpress HTTPS Plugin
2. Cloudflare Flexible SSL Plugin
HOW TO SETUP WORDPRESS HTTPS PLUGIN
Go to the settings of the plugin, there you will see many options. All these have to be allowed to remain like this, just you have to yes in the option of Proxy. Then save the setting
CREATE HTTPS PAGE RULE IN CLOUDFLARE
1. Go to cloudflare account
2. Click on the domain name
3. Go to page rules
4. Now Create New Page Rule
5. You have to enter the url of the website like this (https://yourblogname.com)
6. Then The Setting Are To Do "Always Use HTTPS"
7. Now save the settings
CHANGE WORDPRESS SITE URL
Now go to word press and start your site from https instead of http
Now check your site open to check. If opening in https is OK then if not then process again.